I have been trying to learn more about marketing my books. As a result, I need your opinions about some of the things I have been learning. I would very much appreciate your replies to the following questions as it will help me make my books more attractive and easier for you to find.
- What do you find more appealing on a cover people or a scene from the book? If people are used, does it bother you if they do not match your visions of Darcy or Elizabeth, etc.?
- Does having the names of Darcy and/or Elizabeth in the title make it more interesting to you?
- Do you prefer similarity in the covers of a favorite author to help you recognize a new work?
- What categories do you search when looking for your Jane Austen Fan Fiction (JAFF) titles?
- What key words do you most often search when looking for JAFF?
- Does the length of a book matter? If so, do you prefer longer or shorter reads?
- What information do you want included in the book description?
- What are your biggest pet peeves about a book you have purchased; i.e. misleading description, editing, no notification of explicit scenes, etc.?
- What is your preferred format: ebook, paperback, audiobook?
I truly do value your opinions and your support of my books. I look forward to reading your replies.